ABOUT THE JOB
Become part of our team!
We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Online Multiplayer Developer to join our talented and friendly programming staff.
Your challenge will be:
- To work on large-scale online systems that will impact the experience of millions of users
- To implement online multiplayer features (gameplay, leaderboards, matchmaking, tournaments, social networks) using our current SDK/library/tools
- To expand, to maintain and to optimize the internal library/tools used in our games
- To perform client/server programming for an asynchronous game
- To program the game according to the game design document and the programming rules already in place
- To integrate all elements of the product, including engine, user interface, graphics/animations and sound (if applicable)
- To document the code and design and share with the team.
Who you are?
- You have strong programming skills in C++ (at least 3 years of professional experience)
- You have experience in client server programming
- You have 1+ years of professional experience in in PHP/Python/Node.js
- You are a creative problem solver, able to quickly learn and utilize unfamiliar concepts.
Would be considered a plus if:
- You have experience in video game programming or other 3D applications (homemade applications accepted)
- You have knowledge of low level socket programming
- You have experience with Linux.
Why Join Us
- Excellent Social Benefits (Medical insurance package, Gym facilities and swimming pool, free for employees, on site cervical massages on a regular basis)
- The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package
- Career-development opportunities
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a fast growing company
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- An international environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures.
Why Join Gameloft Cluj:
- Cluj is “the Heart of Transylvania”: a cosmopolitan European city and an important destination for business in South-Eastern Europe, with a remarkable potential for foreign investments
- It is one of the most welcoming cities in Eastern Europe
- Cluj succeeds in combining its history and architecture with the fresh and young atmosphere created by the city’s over 80.000 students
- Our studio is a very ambitious one, with a fast growth - it opened in 2010 and we are now proud to have over 500 employees
- Quality comes first: the perfect place for you to make a difference.
All qualified candidates will be asked to take a skills assessment test.