Deep Silver FISHLABS is the mobile studio of Koch Media GmbH under the publishing label Deep Silver. With more than 10 years of experience in the development and publishing of high-quality 3D mobile games under our belt, we have assembled an award-winning portfolio of selected top titles for a broad variety of platforms. And our 90-strong team of good-humored mobile enthusiasts continues to turn the diverse and fast-paced mobile market upside down. If you are eager to join us, we would love to welcome you to our comfy open space office in the heart of Hamburg, Germany! Every ambitious mission needs excellent pros. People like you!
Accept the challenge as: Senior C++ Engine Programmer (m/f)
The R’n’D Group supports the game teams with new tools and engine features to guarantee the high quality of our games. The interpersonal exchange is very important in this role, too.
You will be deeply involved in the development and maintenance of our proprietary ABYSS® game engine. We support our development teams in with tools, engine features, and a personal touch. You will also take an important part in the organization and further development of our build pipeline, additional engine features including graphics, code reviews, unit tests and system tests, and a minor amount of documentation.
- At least 5 year of professional experience as a programmer / software engineer
- Excellent working knowledge of C++ and on mobile platforms such as iOS, Android
- Experience in working with 3D APIs (e.g. OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulcan)
- Excellent math skills
- Good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter who works well across the team and supports other disciplines
- Ability to implement extensible / modular solutions
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Extensive experience in software optimization
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Work experience in a similar position in a company operating in the IT or video gaming industry
- Experience in developing an own engine would be desirable but is not mandatory
- Knowledgeable in Objective-C
- Use of at least one scripting language (Python, Lua, Perl...)
- Participation in the development of at least one commercially successful video game
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
And what else!?
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV.