Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com .
In an expansion of our Mobile and Handheld team we are looking for a Platform Programmer to provide support and programming functionality across the team's products. We are looking for someone who will improve, maintain, optimise and add value to our titles. Along with the key requirements there are a number of desirable attributes candidates should possess.Reporting into the Senior Producer and Game Director, the successful candidate should have at least three years in a similar role and preferably have knowledge and experience of multiple programming languages, developing for handheld devices and optimization skills.
- Responsible for implementing game-side OS updates from mobile platform holders (iOS/Android)
- Design and implement new functionality across different platforms
- Refactor and improve existing code
- Analyse, debug and fix software errors
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years professional experience developing in C++/Objective-C
- Good C++ programming skills
- Good software engineering skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and able to work in a team and independently
- Experience of developing cross-platform code
- Interest and experience (2 years+) in developing on multiple platforms, including handheld (iOS/native Android development)
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.