Cryptic Studios is currently seeking an Engine Programmer. This position works closely with other client engineers and game lead engineers to maintain and expand our client engine. We’re always pushing the envelope, and you’ll relish the challenge!
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Every day you could be:
• Working in a large engine, extending it, and making it more robust for our developers and customers.
• Making sure our client is remaining competitive, allowing for a great customer experience.
• Working with other client engineers and game team engineers to make sure that performance targets are being met.
• Extending existing systems to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer game.
• Collaborating with other incredible engineers to build reliable systems and informative tools to make our business run better.
What we need to see:
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
• Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will – with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
• A care for customer experience
• A love for video games
What we’d like to see:
• Successfully shipped at least 1 product as a Senior Engineer, and have planned and led large software projects.
• 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
• 5 or more years of experience