As part of our continued growth we are looking for a Senior UI Designer to work closely with the Creative Director and Design Team to deliver UI design solutions.
Working in line with the project vision and supporting the development of product style guides, you will use your initiative to build relationships with the game designers, iteratively develop interaction designs and work closely with the development team to create the best experiences within the budget.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us. This role is on-site role in the Winnipeg Studio (Complex Games). We can offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Collaborate with different team's areas (designers, developers, UX designers, etc.) to build features from scratch: from wireframes, to interactive prototypes and high fidelity mockups.
- Create icons, HUDs, menus and layouts in keeping with an established art style
- Create digital art assets and integrate them directly into the game engine
- Promote usability and user-centered UI solutions based on UX standards.
- Work closely with the team to understand problems and collaboratively develop smart solutions.
- Create high quality features that can be programmed and engineered by the Developers.
- Provide UI expertise to help, mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Keep up to date with the latest designs and trends.
- A solid UI design background in PC and/or console game development.
- Strong experience in the video game iterative pipeline process: from Lo-Fi to Hi-Fi UI design development.
- A great eye for layout composition, iconography and typography.
- Keeps up to date with new design methodologies, innovations and techniques and software packages.
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to remain calm and take important decisions.
- Able to take a feature from start to finish without much interference, including setting up reviews and giving constructive feedback.
Please Submit as Part of this Application:
- Experience working with the Unity Engine
- 2+ years experience in the video game industry.
- Experience managing other Artists.
- A portfolio with examples of your work or exploration of video game ui designs.