Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free-to-play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
Reporting to the Lead Programmer, you will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of large game systems, working with other disciplines to produce technical solutions for design requirements.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience
- 5+ years of C# / C++ programming. We mostly use C#.
- Unity engine experience would be a considerable advantage as we currently use this engine. ● Able to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Performance analysis, profiling, and optimisation techniques
- Thorough knowledge of 3D maths and rendering algorithms
- Familiarity with source controls systems (Perforce and git)
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience of multi-platform development
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Ability to estimate work complexity and time
- Ability to work cross-discipline and communicate ideas with non-technical staff ● Passion for developing and playing games
- Fluent in English
Helpful to have
- Experience developing on mobile platforms
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior programmers would be advantageous ● Network, physics and AI programming experience
- Low level understanding / familiarity with processor architectures
- Java familiarity
- ARM assembly experience or knowledge of a similar assembly language
- Knowledge of common graphics APIs (OpenGL/ES, Metal, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Familiarity with shader languages
- Unreal Engine experience