ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Weapons Artist to join our team. You will be joining a small team of creative individuals responsible for creating not only weapons, but cosmetic items such as armor and capes, skins, and even spaceships for Warframe. We are a close-knit team that values communication and teamwork to deliver strong work. You will be able to use whatever software you are comfortable with to create deliverables. Concept art creation abilities are not required, but are a welcome extra. A strong understanding of AAA standard PBR and high/low poly asset creation methods is expected.
- Assist Work with the lead artist to create AAA standard hard surface assets.
- Creation of hi and low poly models, textures, and materials for use as real-time game assets.
- Exceptional knowledge of the asset creation process (block in, high and low poly, multi part baking, PBR texturing, etc).
- Excellent skill at sub-d modeling and hard surface sculpting.
- Flexible skills that translate to different scales and subject matter (weapons, vehicles, costumes, etc).
- Ingrained sense of the principals of design and how to apply them to your models and textures.
- Self-motivated, good communication skills and the ability to integrate into a tight knit team.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing weapons, equipment. or vehicles using Maya, ZBrush / Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- University degree in visual arts with specialization in graphic design, commercial art, graphic communications or cartooning OR completion of a college diploma program in graphic arts
- An exceptional understanding of hard surface modeling techniques for use in creating complex mechanical objects, such as, weapons and vehicles.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps and materials.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D Artist specializing in equipment, weapons, or vehicles.
- Experience in creating mechanical characters and vehicles.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines - illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry's widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers". We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance and more
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.