We are nDreams, one of the world's leading developers and publishers focused on VR games. Combining innovation with excellence, we are the team behind award winning game Phantom: Covert Ops and Fracked. Our AAA experience and sensibilities, alongside bespoke VR technologies, give us the skillset, processes and creativity to deliver innovative, high production games for all VR platforms. We've got several exciting projects planned for the year and beyond - we can't wait to show you more...
Our projects continue to push forward the boundaries of VR and we're looking for talented people to help us turn them into a reality. Our talented studio now has over 100 people and has been assembled from world-leading games developers and publishers.
This is an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team at nDreams and work on our stunning, exciting new VR titles. We are looking for an experienced and highly talented VFX Artist to develop and push the quality of our visual aspirations, narrative development and interactive experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Delivering dynamic, creative and optimized real-time visual effects content for VR
- Effectively communicating and illustrating VFX intentions to the principal VFX Artist
- Mentoring good VFX workflow practices with the junior VFX Artists
- Working with a level of self-driven autonomy, whilst reliably and effectively participating in team development
- Consistently ensuring quality, creativity and effective cross discipline VFX development.
BenefitsWhy Join nDreams?
- 3 years game development experience and/or Published at least one product within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space.
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating VFX blueprints, shader networks, particle interactions, dynamic systems, lighting and post processing
- Good working knowledge of working with Photoshop, Unreal, Maya, or a relevant equivalent.
- Have a good understanding of form, timing, weight and colour.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of console and VR workflows and capabilities.
- A team player with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver all character related game content.
- Highly effective time management; ability to prioritise and maintain their own work schedule.
Our growing studio shares a passion for innovation, collaboration and defining the future of VR. We encourage an open, creative and diverse culture and empower people to explore their ideas and put their own stamp on projects. With humble beginnings of our own, we combine big projects and opportunities with a personal, caring touch. We're proud of our culture - come and see why!
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our newly refurbished open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.Interested?
The role is based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, but with a unique Flex+ policy which incorporates options for flexible, hybrid working from home and studio. The studio is within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we'd love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.