Royal Leamington Spa
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Playground Games is seeking a Vehicle Technical Artist to join our Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Vehicle Technical Artist, you will be building internal art processes and guiding vehicle pipeline implementation in collaboration with in-house Content, Tools and Rendering teams.
We are searching for a Technical Artist with experience of working on published AAA titles with a wide knowledge of industry tools and a passion for cars. Familiarity with art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation is essential.
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and support content creators.
- Good communication and time management.
- Experience of working on published AAA titles on consoles.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation.
- Experience with Shader creation and PBR material workflow.
- Experience with hard surface modelling and texturing.
- Experience with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Experience of game engines and toolsets.
- Experience helping development teams and collaborative decision making.
- A passion for games and pushing the boundaries of game visuals.
- Preferred Skills
- Experience with C# or similar.
- General knowledge of lighting and rendering in game engines.
- Experience with Houdini and/or procedural creation techniques.
- Flexibility in learning new tech-art skills for unforeseeable future demands.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.
Keep Calm and waka waka...