Games and Level Design
Permanent | Full Time
UI Design USERI01217
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Do you love adding that extra magic that brings Interfaces to life?
As a User Interface Technical Designer, you will develop and integrate eye-popping motion graphics and stunning visual effects in our mobile titles. You'll be joining a team of UX and UI Designers that will be collaborating closely with our Front End Engineers, Game Designers, LiveOps, and Production to enchant and delight our players.
What would my day look like?
- Work hands-on, in-engine to implement UX/UI prototypes and designs of the game team’s ideas
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, programmers, and producers to create exciting moments, celebrations, and satisfying interactions for the user interface.
- Setup UI and menu elements feedback, behavior, and animations
- Work with and implement industry leading techniques for motion graphics and vfx in mobile games and improve internal tools and structure
- Maintain best practices and keep control of asset integration in respects to our technical constraints and optimization guidelines
What are the requirements?
- 2+ years of experience as a professional User Interface Technical Designer, VFX Artist, Technical Motion Designer
- Strong understanding of Motion Graphics and how it relates to Interaction Design
- Solid understanding of timeline based animation tools (example: Adobe Flash, After Effects, etc…)
- Experience with Unity or other real-time engines
- Solid understanding of C#
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Knowledge of UI technical best practices (on Console, PC, or Mobile)
- Shipped at least one title or released updates to a live game
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with Unity GUI or NGUI framework
- Experience with 3D tools (example: Maya, 3DS Max, etc…)
- Ability to prototype shaders
- Experience in writing tools for UI
- Experience and portfolio in motion graphics and/or VFX
And of course, a Passion for Video Games!
Keep Calm and waka waka...