Crytek is looking for a UI Programmer to support our HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
Back to all jobs Share
- Develop, maintain, optimize and test the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms.
- Research and develop new systems as well as maintain and optimize existing systems inside the CryENGINE.
- Work to meet the project's schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Continue to enhance programming, technological and communication skills.
- Work very closely with UI Artists and UX Designers
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Flash Professional and ActionScript (2 and/or 3).
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Some knowledge of 3D math.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area , Germany.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- STL experience.
- Experience with consoles.
- Experience in the game industry.
- Experience in UX Design.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with ActiveX and .NET.
- Experience with ribbon UI.
- Experience using and writing plug-ins for DCC applications (3ds, Maya, XSI, Photoshop, etc...).
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!