Division: | Department: | Location: Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is looking for an experienced UI Artist to join our team. The UI Artist will work closely with the art director and game designer to conceptualize, mock-up and execute interface designs across many different systems in our games.
- Supply art assets to the development teams to be integrated and/or reproduced during the development process.
- Apply user centered design processes to create high quality user experiences.
- Collaborate on development of functional requirements for new products, rapidly creating interactive prototypes when necessary.
- Translate functional requirements into application layout and interface (including interaction models, workflows, information architectures, flowcharts and screen mockups).
- Develop detailed product design documentation that effectively communicates interaction and design ideas to development team.
- Gauge usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing functional and elegant user interfaces from concept to completion
- Examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of usability and composition
- Fluent with Flash based interfaces
- Demonstration of significant UI contribution to a shipped videogame title
- Self-motivated, but able to take feedback/ criticism and properly reflect comments in work
- Excellent team player with strong work ethic and a cooperative attitude
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes
Desired Skills and Pluses:
- Previous years of experience in UI design in the video game industry
- Proficient in 3D & Motion graphics
- Familiarity with Bethesda Software games, characters, brands and universes
- Passion for games and gaming