A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK's biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Working closely with the internal engineering teams you will understand tech trends and how they affect RuneScape's development and product performance. You will become a subject matter expert and help provide the team with strategic direction using your knowledge of the competitive landscape. You will have proven experience managing complex technical challenges, and reporting progress to the senior management.
- To actively contribute to the long-term vision for RuneScape and help deliver on Jagex's values and mission through its product strategy.
- To prioritise projects in the technical product roadmap and co-ordinate effectively between the engineering, product management teams and external stakeholders.
- To work with business intelligence teams to provide supporting data analysis for new features and incremental improvements, understanding how product changes might impact key metrics and the game's player base.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general.
- Co-ordinate customer research, beta tests and management of player feedback.
- Ability to uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance, monitoring and communicating progress toward KPI targets business goals.
- To work with product development teams to ensure cross-platform features and updates are implemented with the optimal user experience and in compliance with external platform holders.
- Creation and maintenance of proper product documentation including clear product requirements, user stories and project briefs.
- Help to assess and address technical risks.
- A passion for the games industry; experience working on live service or MMORPGs and mobile/cross-platform products will be to your advantage.
- Excellent project management skills and experience delivering complex projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Good Knowledge of product management and roadmapping tools
- Analytical mindset and the ability to interpret trends in data trends in order to prioritise product requirements and solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to bring structure and innovative solutions to abstract problems
- Excellent at distilling information concisely and effectively to senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge of game development methodology, SCRUM, Agile, Kanban
- A solid understanding of game monetisation, live ops and feature design
- Knowledge of web systems, content management, CRM an advantage
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don't meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.#LI-Remote