Duration: Full Time or Contract
Location: Liverpool, UK
We are looking for a talented technical designer to work with our design team on a new project to design and implement complex new features from prototype designs into final game systems. You will assist and support the team as the main technical point of contact for the features that you develop.
- Work with the Game Director to document, concept and prototype new features and mechanics using Unreal Engine 4
- Work with the programming, audio and art teams to develop prototypes into final quality game features.
- Act as the technical expert on major game features and ensure all tools and best practice guides are documented and used by other team members.
- Help test new features and tools ahead of deployment to the wider team.
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4 and particularly Blueprints.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Shipped at least one game as a designer on PC or Console.
- Must be able to work closely with programmers to ensure that the game maintains performance benchmarks.
- Must be able to communicate and work with other members of the team whilst maintaining the overall vision of the game with the Game Director.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages.
- Experience managing or leading a small to medium sized design team.
- Experience working on First Person or third person shooters and action games.
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us.