£0 - £0 Per Hour
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Technical Art Internship
We are looking for a talented Technical Artist Intern to join our creative teams, assisting in improving artistic workflows and working on unique features that require both technical and artistic abilities.
Your role within our Kingdom
Be a part of a highly experienced team, working closely with artists and software developers. You will be supported by our talented technical artist teams, both onsite and spanning our global internal community. We will provide you with a framework for you to develop, contribute and impress with your creativity & problem-solving skills, helping us to deliver beautifully crafted experiences. The role will give you the opportunity for massive personal growth and to contribute to experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
Engine/Tool Design - Work with developers/game artists on Engine and Editor features, create prototypes and own production of some Photoshop/Maya tools.
Act as end user - Investigate, use, validate and stress test our Game Production toolset from the Art and Tech Art end-user perspective.
Evangelist - Facilitate the communication with the Artists to drive the feature set.
Production - Content creation, bespoke features, sample scenes, you will have the opportunity to display your creativity.
Skills to create thrills
You should have an interest in games and the ability to work in a flexible and fluid environment, where the job will evolve over time.
Other skills include:
* Good Knowledge of standard content packages (Maya/Photoshop or similar)
* Solid understanding of Programming Languages: Python/C++/C#, HLSL/GLSL
* A great problem solver with true technical and artistic creativity
* A self-starter; you're proactive/responsive/organized
* You have a passion for games
* Great communicator, you are confident in discussing artistic and technical implications
* Good understanding of the entire game development process, from concept to live product
* Fluent in English, written as spoken
* Experience in scripting and plug-in writing for Maya & Photoshop
* Experience with 3D game engines such as Unity/Unreal/Defold or similar
* Additional software: Spine/Zbrush/Illustrator
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
Apply now! Applications need to be in English. Our internships can vary in length, depending on the opportunity and your requirements and will take place in Summer 2019.
Please note: our application deadline is 13th January 2019, however we recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That's why we hire all sorts of talent.
Keep Calm and waka waka...