$negotiable on level of experience
Art and Animation,Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
Technical Art Director
• Paris, France
You will join the development team that recently worked on a high profile AAA console game and is now participating in a new project with strong ambitions. As an Art Technical Director, you are responsible for the art content production pipelines. For this, you manage directly a team of technical artists and VFX artists.
Your missions can be oriented along several axes:
1 / Direction of production pipelines:
• Identify the artistic and technical constraints of the project to supervise the creation of tools, processes and methods that optimize graphic production (composition of environments, modeling of assets, textures, lighting, VFX, ...).
• Guide the implementation and monitoring of technical validation and world compliance processes. Your goal is to optimize the CPU and GPU performance of the game.
• Initiate and supervise the research and innovation phases on tools or methods which permit to materialize artistic intentions, while respecting the constraints of the project.
2 / Team management:
• Guide your team members in their tasks and priorities so that they meet the expectations of production teams.
• Advise and give regular feedback to your team so that they can develop their full potential.
• Former your team on the new methods and technics they will have to implement.
3 / Coordination with the project management:
• Be an expert on the graphic production pipelines of the project to advise the Core Team on the development strategy to adopt.
• Coordinate the research of the Tech Art team in Paris with those of other overseas studios : regular synchronizations with the other Technical Directors of the project.
• Ensure monitoring of the entire Paris production team with other managers: coordination on informations to relay, prioritization of developments with project managers, communication on the support operated by the team of Technical Artists, etc. .
• You have more than 5 years of experience in the video game industry and have participated in several productions as a Technical Artist, Associate technical art director or technical art director.
• You have developed a vision and a strong expertise in graphic production methods and pipeline for AAA projects.
• You are familiar with the technologies used in modern games (PBR, data steaming, etc
• You master the graphics software of the industry (3DS Max, Substance, Photoshop, Blender, ...).
• You have a good knowledge of at least one programming language: scripting (Python, MaxScript, C #, ...).
• Your communication and your interpersonal skills allow you to exchange effectively on both artistic and technical issues.
• You are comfortable working in a multicultural environment, in English and French, both written and spoken.
Nice to have :
• You have a first experience in team management.
Additional information : A portfolio / demo of the projects to which you have contributed will be necessary for the proper consideration of your application
For more information please contact me anytime.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games - Australia, NZ, UK, EU
Keep Calm and waka waka...