Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We're looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren't afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
About the role: We believe "QA" is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it's a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to accomplish their best work. Through fast iterations, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. We help Riot craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a QA Engineer reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be an important member of the Player Immersion & Expression ("PIE") team and part of the larger League of Legends development group. PIE is focused on regularly delivering exciting content that players love, including skins, ward skins, emotes, and other related player-facing content. You will be the champion of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to black and white box testing to ensure the success of Riot's League of Legends content offerings.
You will track essential metrics to improve the efficiency and efficacy of testing, and guide implementation of static, dynamic and validation test processes. You will put players first, and work with your development team to take on ambiguous and complex problems to ameliorate player pain.
- Implement and establish team level quality goals for the product
- Manage communication related to test status with internal stakeholders
- Manage outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing test results
- Manage and triage defect database
- Create test plans which determine the test structure and cadence
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level.
- Inform product team on quality goals and when there are quality concerns
- Escalate concerns to product or discipline leadership
- Signs off on product quality during release process
- Be a voice of the player
- 4+ years QA experience
- Experience in developing test strategies, test planning, and test design
- Identify, collect, analyse, and communicate advanced quality metrics
- Agile Product Development & Agile Testing experience
- Experience with gray/black box testing methods
- Experience in directing test activities for small (2-8 people) test teams.
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Mobile Hardware/Software testing experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification
Let's Thrive Together:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!