Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Bethesda Softworks @ Rockville, MD, US
Are you interested in high-load systems? Do you want to work on one, see it in action, and see the impact of different technical decisions and approaches? Do you know what PaaS, SaaS and IaaS mean? Do you want to know what drives the backend of many popular games? Do you know how to develop software? Do you think that a lot of mundane activities can be automated and become more efficient? Do you like going one step deeper than an average developer goes and understand not only data and algorithms, but also the underlying infrastructure? You can be part of SRE team at Bethesda.net in Bethesda Softworks.
- Coder: Professional experience with any of the following languages:
- Scribe: Professional experience working with the following databases:
- Good Natured: Confident user of GIT and familiar with GitHub.
- Fast shoot: Familiarity with NewRelic or Splunk.
- Sniper: Experienced using software profiling tools (detecting bottlenecks, resource leaks, etc.).
- Heavy Handed: Professional experience working with AWS (EC2, ALB, NLB, CloudFront, Route53, etc.).
- Zeus: Professional experience with Cloud IaaS, SaaS. Confident Linux user (or any other UNIX flavors), familiar with Docker.
- Gifted: Demonstrated problem solving skills. Reading stack traces, familiarity with testing frameworks (Unit, Integration, Performance).
- Quick learner: Demonstrated abilities to increase breadth of skills quickly, familiar with NodeJS, C++, C, Shell, or OO languages or functional languages.
- Analyze existing and new software components, identify bottlenecks, recommend ways to improve software performance.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning, reporting, and optimization.
- Build tools for production teams for platform, code, and test management.
- Review and contribute to code written in Python, GoLang, Java, and NodeJS.
- Troubleshoot system defects and drive short, mid, and long-term solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation with the engineering team to provide escalated support.
- Tune and automate AWS-based platform.
- Actively participate in daily huddles and weekly SCRUM/Kanban rituals.