Kwalee is one of the world's leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let's Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it's paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you're a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee's success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we're proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
Our ideal Social Media and Community Team member will have plenty of experience in community management for PC and console games in a full time role in an established videogames company, be an expert in social media, play well with others and can think outside the box.
You can either work a combination of remote work from home and office or permanently in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
"I help build & support the great communities who play Kwalee's PC & console games and devise new initiatives to help them grow."
What you will really be doing
How you will be doing this
- Developing and executing social media and community management strategies to establish Kwalee's PC and console titles among gaming tastemakers.
- Becoming a recognised figure and a go-to contact for players of Kwalee console games.
- Establishing (or helping to establish and maintain) a working framework of systems and processes to plan & deliver effective social media and community campaigns.
- Maintaining and growing Kwalee's social media presence for PC and Console games.
- Making our game communities great places to be that players are proud to be a part of, leveraging social media and other platforms.
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you'll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You'll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games. Skills and requirements
- Previous experience on PC & Console games including three years in a social media and community management role for an established video games company
- Ability to conceptualise and execute effective social media and community management strategies to cover a game's entire lifespan
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Experience in establishing meaningful KPIs and metrics to monitor performance of the social media and community team's work and ability to report to senior management in a concise and timely manner.
- Comfortable on camera and ideally with experience as a content creator on YouTube or Twitch
- Interested in gaming community and social media trends, the successful candidate will use this mindset to assist with influencer outreach for new titles
- Good understanding of new and emerging platforms, e.g. TikTok, with an interest in innovating with them as part of a rounded community strategy
- Ability to work with other functional teams in the PC and Console Department, as well as with other teams within Kwalee.
- You can either work in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by an amazing team or a combination of remote work from home and office.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that's why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make our own games every Wednesday)
- Access to an on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.