Zynga is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Words With Friends Marketing team. In this role, you'll be the subject matter expert who understands and has experience crafting and executing channel communication strategies for mobile games or apps across platforms such as; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. You'll use that expertise to inform, influence and create cross-functional strategies with Product Marketing, User Acquisition, Public Relations and Player Support.
Finally, you should be passionate and informed about mobile games and social networks of all kinds, with a special love for word games and familiarity with mobile gaming business trends and social media best practices. We are looking for a creative individual with fresh ideas on how to interact with our players audience that has outstanding operational experience and execution abilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Execute and be responsible for the community strategy and operational work to support all social media channels for all Words With Friends properties (FB, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Giphy and other emerging channels).
- Plan, create and publish content (static, animation, video, user-generated content, etc) on channels daily to support and engage community.
- Analyze all social media data and adjust content to ensure maximum engagement. If content is not performing well, build strategy to garner the highest engagement rate possible.
- Brainstorm new ways to engage with Words with Friends community and be proactive.
- Be the Voice of the Community to the Game Team and call out issues to them in real time.
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in player requests and product performance then escalate to the Game team.
- Analyze key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, sentiment). Take a solutions-based approach to monthly metrics in order to exceed company goals.
- Measure and report the impact of social media content and campaigns across all channels and create weekly reports for cross-functional teams.
- Forum management, oversight of forum activity, and management of content and conversations.
- Identify and engage advocates (successful bloggers, highly engaged players, etc.) to extend and increase brand awareness.
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that the company can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
- Creatively and proactively engage customers through multiple contact methods.
- Identify influencer engagement opportunities across our global accounts.
- Manage a team of remote content moderators to help with community management
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or similar
- 3+ years of experience in online community development, forum discussion moderation, and social media management
- Experience running social channels and using content scheduling tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Experience in mobile gaming or app environment
- Loves the social media space and has excellent knowledge of tools and trends
- Outstanding writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone
- Proactive with strong organizational skills and strong multi-tasker
- Ability to analyze data and report out to management
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Jira, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook and Slack
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.