Royal Leamington Spa
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Playground Games are looking to recruit a highly talented and experienced Senior Vehicle Artist to join our Forza Horizon team who has a genuine passion for all aspects of 3D vehicle creation for games, and who's able to demonstrate superior creative, visual and technical ability.
You'll be involved in the creation of licenced and unlicensed vehicles, as such we will require a highly skilled and motivated professional with a strong eye for detail and quality. The successful candidate should also have an excellent knowledge of cutting edge art techniques and the games development process.
A key part of your role will be ensuring that art assets are delivered both on time and to quality, by assisting the team in maintaining our high standards both internally and externally via outsource. You'll have a strong portfolio of 3D vehicle work and a passion for automotive design. Ideally, you'll also have proven experience of working on AAA high-profile console titles.
- Strong 2D/ 3D vehicle design skills (non-licensed vehicles especially).
- Exceptional 3DS Max vehicle modelling skills (high and low poly).
- A solid comprehension of mesh topologies and optimisation techniques for games.
- Excellent 2D texturing skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong PBR (physically based rendering) texturing skills using Substance Painter.
- Outsourcing experience and asset review knowledge essential.
- A highly critical and methodical approach to work and quality.
- Strong organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick to learn and comprehend custom in-house tools or technical processes.
- Rendering knowledge (ideally using V-Ray)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, working with a highly successful and talented team.
Keep Calm and waka waka...