Work in Berlin for one of the leading cross-platform games communities! With over 70 games on our own website, social networks, and mobile devices, GameDuell is Germany’s largest games community.
As Senior UI / Game Developer, you will actively help to shape an exciting area of our company and will be the driving force in the development of our mobile and social games platform. You will work with our creative team of product managers, developers, and marketing specialists, as well as our graphic designers.
- You will work on a cross-platform team (iOS, Android, HTML5/WebGL) using Unity / C#
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of cross-platform games for Android, iOS, and web
- You will contribute to architectural decisions and deliver high quality code
- You will participate in all aspects of an interactive software development process, including design, estimation, build, testing, debugging, maintenance, and support in order to produce reusable and reliable code
- You will collaborate closely with other team members from product, art, backend, game design, and marketing to establish an effective production pipeline and integrate media assets
What we expect
- A completed university degree in computer engineering, computer science, or similar
- At least 5 years of experience as a game developer in Unity or a similar game engine
- Professional experience in agile software development (e.g. SCRUM or Kanban)
- Excellent knowledge in software development for mobile targets (Android, iOS and WebGl)
- Interest and experience in most aspects of game technology development (such as UI/UX, audio/video, networking, AI, animation, gameplay, physics, and tools)
- Participated in at least one shipped title using Unity
- Profound knowledge and experience with performance optimization for mobile development
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, design, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Experience and ability to share best practices and mentor teams
- Experience with Entity-Component System and Dependency Injection frameworks like StrangeIoC or Zenject would be a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory (knowledge of German is very welcome)
What we offer
- Engaging tasks and new challenges
- A first-class, innovative, and diverse product that incorporates games, online tournaments, and community features
- Independent work with interesting possibilities for your personal development
- A versatile, friendly, and international team that guarantees fun on the job
- One of the best working environments in the heart of Berlin (includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more)
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your application, including possible starting date. de with the subject line ‘Senior UI / Game Developer (Unity / C#)’. Please note that applications sent by post will not be processed and cannot be returned.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.