SENIOR TOOLS PROGRAMMER - Brighton, UK
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a highly self-motivated Senior Tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Senior Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games.Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multi-platform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
What You Will Do:
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
- Expertise with the C/C++ and C#/.NET programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- WPF/MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently
- Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Who We Are:
- Shipped AAA console or PC titles
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software
- Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL
- Multithreading knowledge
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together - the belief that "Every Player's Story is Unique."
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based at our Brighton location, who partner with the other Hangar 13 sites to develop all of our games as one global team. Hangar 13's Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games in the coolest city in the UK!