We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Tools Engineer for our CRYENGINE Tools team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Senior Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
Back to all jobs Share
- Contribute to development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Design and implement new tools across various game development disciplines (art, level design, animation, build automation).
- Maintain one or multiple Sandbox sub-systems and integrations with the CRYENGINE.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with artists, designers, other content developers, and software engineers on the requirements and design of tools.
- Investigate and evaluate new third-party game development tools.
- Propose tools and methods to increase efficiency and quality of content development.
- Contribute to a public codebase. Keep in touch with community members, indie developers and professional peers to exchange knowledge and experience.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- 5+ years of relevant professional software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent C++ programming and data-driven design skills.
- Experience developing user interfaces and working with Qt framework (or similar).
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Excellent data structure and algorithm knowledge.
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of how modern CPUs work.
- Expertise with performance profiling tools.
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Familiar with Version-control systems (Perforce, Git).
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience working in with multithreaded, real-time systems.
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Experience with large code bases.
- Experience with C++ 11/14.
- Knowledge of MFC.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Lua or Python.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!