Senior Technical Artist
MachineGames @ Uppsala, SE
Looking for a Senior Technical Artist to develop art pipelines, production techniques and processes together with a group of seasoned developers
- 5+ years with at least two AAA titles shipped as Technical Artist.
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in PBR theory and implementation.
- A strong understanding of asset creation pipelines and workflows.
- Experience liaising with programming departments to develop proprietary tools.
- Experience and knowledge of PBR systems including Substance Painter and Designer.
- Familiar with shader creation.
- C/C++ knowledge is a plus.
- Python scripting knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in Houdini a plus
- To author, document and enforce technical standards for asset creation such as 3d modeling, FX and lighting.
- To author, document and enforce production standards such as file structure, naming conversions, rules and guidelines.
- To take ownership of optimization standards and methods for 3d assets, FX and light.
- To collaborate with leadership to execute product vision.
- To actively work to improve pipelines and workflows related to user experience for people within the studio without requiring explicit direction