Duration:Full Time or Contract
Location:Liverpool or Remote
We have an exciting and rare opportunity, Lucid is looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for developing character pipelines, next-gen animation features as well as animation and art friendly tools for a prestigious AAA title.
As a Technical Animator you will collaborate with our animation, art, design and programming teams to find progressive techniques and processes to animation solutions and issues with models, characters and vehicle movement.
- Act as the bridge between Animation and Tech to help innovate game features and technology.
- Collaborate with the animation team, artists and programmers to achieve the desired look and feel of animation in-game.
- Develop a technical animation mandate in accordance with the projects needs in collaboration with the Animation Director
- Maintain and develop animation tools and pipelines
- Create plug-ins and scripts to help automate tasks and improve workflow.
- Provide technical support for our character art and animators teams during the development process.
- Skinning and Rigging characters and working with animation and art teams to bring these to life.
- Work closely with programmers and artists to create, develop, test and and maintain art-friendly animation systems, tools and pipelines.
- Work with the programming team to ensure that our tools are continuously iterated and improved.
- Participate in development and documentation of animation tools.
- Set up assets in the Unreal 4 game engine.
- Proven technical animation experience in video games with at least one shipped title.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and it's pipelines.
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets.
- Understanding of current and future technical animation techniques
- Experience in Maya, Motionbuilder or equivalent DCC
- Scripting skills (Python, MEL, MAXScript)
- A passion for both animation and animation technology.
- Experience in developing character systems
- Ability to drive technical solutions.
- Be able to take ownership of technical animation problems and solutions
- Knowledge of various motion capture solutions.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees