Join our fleet. Adventure awaits!
We are looking for a Technical Designer to create modular interactions and one-off scripted moments that set the bar for AAA sci-fi FPS gameplay on the PC. This individual will work side-by-side with our Level Design, Tech Design, and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems. As a Technical Designer, you will own multiple core gameplay features ensuring their final quality and collaborating closely and effectively with design, art, and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. Help us create one of the most ambitious FPS games to date!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Oversee a number of core gameplay feautres and take them to their final quality, The buck stops with you!
- Work closely with the level design and gameplay teams to create mechanics, interactive objects, and set pieces.
- Solve challenging technical problems using creative and innovative ideas.
- Troubleshoot relentlessly, chasing down issues on behalf of the team.
- Create tools to optimize workflow and help the design team to iterate more efficiently.
- Author complex scripted scenarios.
- Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final.
- Discover, define and share information and best practices across the team.
- The ideal candidate is part designer and part programmer.
- Experience with text-based scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with Maya/Max or other professional 3d packages.
- Experience creating tools and solving technical problems for design.
- Must have completed a Computer Science and/or related degree.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Must be friendly, assertive, and team-oriented.
- 3+ years in game development. 1+ years in Technical Design role preferred.
- We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.