CCP is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Systems Designer with a solid understanding of economies, a deep passion for games, and the ability to work on both conceptual designs and implementation.
You will be working in our Reykjavík studio, bringing experience and expertise in Game Design to work on our multiple award-winning title: EVE Online.
- Working on the game's economy and loot distribution.
- Working as part of the Game Design discipline taking responsibility for features and systems contributing to the game health and balance.
- Monitoring and identifying problems within established game systems and balance to research, propose and implement elegant solutions for the player driven economy and game health
- Driving low level system and economy designs through to implementation under the guidance of Director and Seniors within Game Design
- Collaborating with your team as well as other team leads and team members, ensuring positive communication and problem solving between disciplines
- Working with production to assist, and provide feedback on high-level plans and schedules
What we can offer you:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game design with a 'systems' focus
- Understanding of economic theory and core game loops
- Very strong math, probability, and statistical skillset
- A master at Excel and comfortable handling large sets of data
- Experience designing progression systems and able to create complex models in excel
- Strong critical and analytical thinking with a problem-solving oriented mentality
- Ability to work creatively in a team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious projects with amazingly creative and ambitious co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- An opportunity to mentor other more junior team members and co-workers
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Brand-new office building situated in the melting pot of innovation in Reykjavík
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- Discretionary performance sharing plan
- Annual sports grant
- A mobile phone grant as well as a tax-free mobile usage package
- A conditional tax-free monthly transportation grant
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- On-site doctor, free of charge as well as other on-site services at a discounted price
- A generous relocation package