Permanent | Full Time
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla's formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin's Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla's Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
• Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
• We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we're strong together, we thrive together.
• Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
• Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
• Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We're proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we're building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Senior Level Designer. You will help us to imagine and develop compelling and engaging rules for our games. From conception to release and during post-launch, you will design high-quality game systems and mechanics that are adapted to the target audience and enable players to live out their own unique, fun, and rich gaming experiences.
In this position, you will:
• Create and implements game levels that go in line with the design and creative intentions to achieve the best gaming experience
• Participate in gameplay conception for the level design, for both PvP and PvE maps
• Understand and apply the narrative ambition and desired gameplay
• Actively participate in design-specific discussions and design reviews
• Mentor junior level designers
• Use available tools to create the game space
• Fix design bugs detected by testers
• Work in collaboration with the level artist to ensure that a level is playable and that its graphic elements support each other
• At least 5 years of experience in level design, with at least one shipped title
• Portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects
• Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
• Ability to create fun and exciting levels using a full complement of game mechanics
• Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental storytelling
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation in English
• Proficiency in basic Office software
• Good knowledge of Unreal level editing tools and scripting languages
• Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines
• Flexible Working & Work from Home
• Health Insurance
• Revenue Based Bonuses
• English / German Courses
• 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
• Public Transportation
• Relocation & Accommodation Support
• Office Perks & Gym Membership
Keep Calm and waka waka...