Games and Level Design
Permanent | Full Time
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and develop new features for Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the lead designer and game director to ensure Chris Roberts' vision becomes reality.
- Be the 'go to' person for the implementation of complex systems that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of players
- Be a leader within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools and scripting languages
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
- Pitch concepts, designs, and full-proposals to project leads
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems
- Use expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for how to improve the experience
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals, and quality requirements
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team, and design management
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks and suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development in a system/tech designer capacity
- Shipped two large-scale 3D titles from pre-production to release (PC, current and next-gen consoles)
- Knowledge and experience with 'C style' programming, scripting languages or visual scripting
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate your team
- Expert in time management and verbal and written communication
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International travel may be required as part of this role
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages
- Previous experience with CryEngine and/or Lumberyard.
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI
- FPS gameplay experience
- Massively-multiplayer game experience
- MP debugging experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong interest in sci-fi themes
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
Please submit your application in English
Keep Calm and waka waka...