Senior Splunk Engineer
Bethesda Softworks @ Rockville, MD, US | Austin, TX, US
Bethesda Softworks seeks a Senior Operational Intelligence Engineer to work in a team environment that will help build, automate, and manage the operational intelligence platform for games from across all the Zenimax family of studios. Your mission will be to help empower our developers to make infrastructure platform decisions that keep our games among the most loved in the industry.
- Splunk certified architect or Splunk certified administrator certifications
- Experience developing Splunk Apps (e.g. working apps published to Splunkbase or GitHub)
- Experience with other Operational Intelligence Tools (ELK stack, Fluentd)
- Experience with infrastructure (Terraform, CloudFormation) and configuration management systems (Salt, Chef)
- Experience managing public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerized (Kubernetes, OpenShift) workloads
- Proficient in the use of Git or similar version control systems
- 7+ years of experience in a senior Splunk engineering role
- At least 3+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- Extensive experience designing, deploying, and managing clustered Splunk Enterprise systems – Clustered Indexers, Search Heads, HTTP Event Collectors, and Forwarders
- Advanced level Splunk Dashboarding, Index-time and Search-time data parsing
- Desire to work with internal teams to evangelize Splunk Best Practices, Workflows, and Processes
- In depth understanding of the data lifecycle and the importance of data normalization, validation, and CIM compliance
- Ability to deliver regular training, presentations, demos, roadmap reviews, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of the Splunk platform and apps
- Experience automating Splunk infrastructure configurations
- Experience managing data retention policies and performing index administration, maintenance and optimization, and configuration backups
- Extensive experience with the management of Linux systems (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Python and Bash preferred)
- Desire to be part of an incredible team. That means being someone the team can count on, who communicates honestly and respects others and their views, who adapts quickly to changing priorities, drives positive change, and is committed to giving 110%.
- True passion for video games because that’s why we do what we do.
- Prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems.