As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Help lead the design and development of our next multi-platform game interfacing with company stakeholders throughout the project duration.
- Play a substantial role in day-to-day coding, participating in performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Participate with the rest of the engineering organization providing valuable input on the company's long term engineering roadmap and helping identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Participate in prototyping meetings to provide technical perspective.
- 4+ years specifically with C++
- A history of developing software architecture and a history of shipping commercially successful products.
- Loves to work with small teams in a collaborative environment!
- Demonstrated competency in several of the following specialties, with an expertise in more than one: gameplay, physics, 3D graphics /rendering, networking, optimization, analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of several of the following platforms, with specific programming experience of more than one: iOS, Android, or browser based games.
- Demonstrated command of applicable programming languages and a thorough knowledge of software design practices including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, graphics and animation techniques, portability, extensibility and testability.
- Python, Unity, C#, Action Script 3/Flash, Adobe AIR.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance product, with special focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to jump on a system and identify its flaws and their solution quickly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex code problems efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in building new software technology.
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
- Strong skills in terms of identifying and articulating goals and risks to management
- Team player with strong influencing skills.
- Proven track record of success as it relates to the full lifecycle of product development, launch and revenue success.
- Familiarity with git, jenkins, jira.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.