We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga's mission is to "Connect the World through Games" by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a dedication to software craftsmanship, an unwavering passion for quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline - from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and development of the best quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of a game. In this role, you'll be part of our Central Technology group focusing on sophisticated technology developments for building scalable end-to-end services that can be used by the various games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
- Build and own data-driven large scale backend services to be consumed by millions of mobile & web clients
- Support mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2, and more!
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements to large scale services consumed by mobile and web clients
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability
- Work collaboratively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all Zynga Games
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- Bachelor's degree in CS, or a related technical field (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in software development, backend service (Java/Go) or mobile (C++, C#) application development with hands-on experience covering the full stack
- A passion for the correctness of data
- A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong experience with containers (e.g Docker, Kubernetes) inside a cloud environment like Amazon's AWS is a plus
- Experience with API design and implementation at scale
- Experience operating AWS services
- Familiar with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, Chef)
- Proven track record to deliver work on time with attention to quality
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgement
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU's, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.