Zynga is looking for a Senior QA Analyst who has in-depth QA, technical and project expertise, and has full ownership of quality across designated game areas or SKUs.
You will be responsible for raising the quality bar higher by feeding back and refining processes for the test team, guide more junior members and/or vendor teams towards a higher degree of efficiency and execution. You will also lead multiple features at a time while ensuring timely delivery against production timescales and costs. You have the ability to check out and build a codebase , identify similar code paths to achieve pair testing, and understand the use of metadata in mobile games.
- Drives improvements to QA development tools such as the debug menu or crash capturing.
- Takes on delegation from QA Leadership e.g. onboarding of new QA Analysts, chairs weekly meet, test case management, test case reviews, release test ownership, outsource management.
- Maintain and update test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans etc built by other members of the team.
- Can manage self and several other QA testers
- Can apply advanced knowledge of testing to make testing more efficient e.g. test matrices for compatibility.
- Is aware of test design methods like state tables that allow QA to break features down into their core components.
- Understands the coverage automated testing gives (if implemented) and adjusts manual testing appropriately.
- Can analyze performance data to find and report issues.
- Can critically analyze risks and testing required to mitigate them.
- Understands different types of users and can adapt their user acceptance tests to cover all scenarios.
- Understanding of client and server testing, including server validation, mobile DLC, and experiments/ events.
- Ability to use profiling tools like xcode , GameBench or built-in debug. Can generate reports from these tools.
- Ability to take on features or game areas, which are technically more challenging e.g. profile syncing, metadata, or time-gated features.
- Champions solutions to problems, good enthusiastic attitude.
- Drives knowledge sharing in the team and ensures the team has no gaps in skill coverage.
- Does not get sidetracked by things outside their control, has focus.
- Understanding of and/or experience with ad networks is a plus
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Ability to write pseudo code, which will allow the Senior QA Analysts to find edge cases.
- ASTQB qualified.
- Understands how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilize the same code paths.
- Has experience in using device farms e.g. AWS or testdroid .
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!