We are looking for a talented and hardworking Senior Producer to join the production team at our Wakefield studio.
As a Senior Producer at Team17, you will have the opportunity to work with talented teams on a varied roster of internal and external projects, helping to ensure their success and maintaining the quality that Team17 has become known for. You will work with the Head of Production to maintain the internal Team17 production methodology and oversee the work of other members of the production department.
The production department is involved in the oversight of all internal projects as well as managing external projects with our games label partners. It is our role to ensure that all projects are planned, budgeted, tracked and any risks to delivering the projects on time are flagged. We help the development teams by dealing with their impediments, helping them to focus on and achieve the project goals. We pull in all of the different stakeholders involved in the project and make sure that the right people are involved in the project at the right time.
You will have responsibility for:
- Managing projects from initial concept through to publication.
- Managing the development roadmap, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout the project lifetime (including post launch and service support).
- Working with Heads of Departments and Leads to establish a realistic project scope and schedule.
Establishing the budget for development and then taking control over where the budget is spent. Being the person responsible for saying ‘no’ and drawing a line in the sand when the budget is at risk.
- Championing the team when it comes to de-risking projects. Helping the Leads to find the problems, and prevent them, before they occur.
- Being the glue within the teams, the person who steers the ship and brings all the disciplines together.
- Assisting the Head of Production in the creation and application of studio processes and production methods across internal and external projects.
- Assisting the Head of Production with resource allocation across all internal and external projects.
- Supervising Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants to help them manage their own projects.
- Ensuring that communication between Team17 and 3rd parties is maintained via both personal and electronic methods.
- Presenting development progress to stakeholders and commercial teams.
- Must fit within the studio environment. Being both friendly and approachable but with a professional work ethic.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience, with a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Must be proactive and driven without need for supervision.
- Immaculate written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a natural leader who can motive and drive development teams and processes.
- Being personable and open minded in solving schedule issues relating to the complex development structure of game development.
- Must have exemplary organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varying workload effectively.
- Must be able to work extremely well under pressure.
- Must have an excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.