Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a Senior Producer, Global Video Production (GVP) to come join us in our Los Angeles studio!
Cloud Imperium Games is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We release linear content to our growing fan base - cinematic trailers, commercials, high-end serialized documentaries, behind-the-scenes recurring series, live-stream Q&A with our developers, and other experimental content.
As the Sr. Producer on GVP, you'll collaborate closely with the Showrunner and Senior Editor to ensure the vision and goals of the video department are brought to life in the best possible way, whilst also making sure budgets and timelines are met. In addition to having an eye on all timelines and project budgets, you will assign, mentor, and lead the existing team, recruit talent, solve production and post-production problems, and be responsible for the process to deliver finished products. This will require a deep understanding of production of various program types and delivery cadences, and an ability to work with a small internal team while leveraging external individuals and partners to deliver high quality results. This position will report to the Showrunner.
If you are an experienced, resourceful, and versatile problem-solver comfortable with creative notes, production schedules, and making the most of budgets, then join us in defining and growing our video department.
- Responsible for the management of all linear production at the studio as well as the team of producers
- Maintain an overview of all schedules (local and global), ensuring projects are completed to highest standard achievable, on time and within budget
- To meet regularly with production staff to monitor project budgets (local and combined) and ensure they are working within given targets
- To oversee and liaise between various internal stakeholders and SME's
- To engage in production team mentoring, support, and training, as needed
- Lead selected projects through all phases of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery
- Effectively communicate ongoing project status with video production team
- Stay abreast of new trends in content and technology in the gaming and video production communities and suggest new ways to implement these trends/technologies
- and other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee's skills and experience
- At least 8 years' experience working in advertising/marketing
- Experience supervising scripted and documentary production
- Experience with animation/VFX (experience / familiarity with real-time animation a huge plus)
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with artists and all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead content production teams or contractors both locally and remotely
- Network of contacts in production and production related services and a demonstrated ability to recruit talent
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results
- Deep familiarity with creation of both long and short form video content and daily/weekly/ad hoc production cadences
- Confident in communicating at all levels within the organization
- Proactive attitude who takes initiative to contribute effectively to the team
- Knowledge of Jira, Smartsheet, Shotgun and/or other task management software
- Knowledge of video gaming and in particular Star Citizen is a plus
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games, LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply - we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.