Liverpool, United Kingdom
Art and Animation
Permanent | Full Time
Senior / Principal Environment Artist
A great opportunity to join our growing and stable studio in the vibrant heart of Liverpool. Founded by a cult team of developers that have gone on to create an envious portfolio of titles across many different genres, this studio are looking to add new and exciting talent to their team - that could be YOU!
We are looking for an experienced Senior / Principal Environment Artist with a proven ability to work from concept through to in game assets both in realism and in a stylistic way. You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join our successful, stable, and expanding studio, and create a game that’s guaranteed to be a massive hit across the globe!
• Working closely with the Lead / Principal artist to create accurate, high quality environments
and environment assets
• Working independently on asset sets
• Building in the editor to create levels and environments
• Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine / platform constraints
• Working with PBR shaders following the established game Art Direction
• Maintaining your work schedule
• Possibility of mentoring more junior artists
• Strong AAA Game experience
• A portfolio showing clean, optimal, models for game
• A portfolio showing models taken from concept to completion
• Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max)
• Experienced in high to low poly baking
• Experience of creating optimal lods for game
• Excellent understanding of shape, form and scale
• Experienced with PBR material creation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A love and understanding of games and game art creation
• Knowledge of working with game engines
• Create the artwork based on the specification given by the
technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
• Understanding of lighting and how it affects the environment
• Substance Painter/Designer knowledge
• Knowledge of Unreal engine
• Experience with outsource studios
• Illustrative / Concept art / Matte painting skills
Keep Calm and waka waka...