Play a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of physically based features Be responsible for the development, delivery and integration of robust physical behaviors Exploit and enhance underlying physics engines to fulfil varied and technically challenging project requirementsContribute to the creation and maintenance of realistic schedules, communicating progress and impediments as they ariseIn addition to hands-on programming, you'll mentor and develop more junior members of the teamIdentify and share best practices, drive technical quality, and champion simplicity and efficiency
Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winningSackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star EmploymentAward for 2021,recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to WorkAward andlisted asone oftheUK's 100BestLarge Companies to Workforin 2021,SumoDigitalhas enjoyed18years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003and continues to strive for excellenceacross every single project.
We'd love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
As a Senior Physics Programmer, you will:
We need you to have:5+ years of strong C++ experienceDeep knowledge of existing physics engines - such as PhysX, Bullet, Chaos (UE) - would be appreciated - understanding how they work, their limitations, advantages and disadvantages, the ability to improve and modify their source code for the project.Excellent 3D math and problem-solving skills Positive & can-do attitude and broad and deep contemporary knowledge of applied physics and physics engines/middleware Real passion for games and real-time physical simulation What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy - Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance - 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved 'Sumo Big Day Out' for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards. Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it's part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.