We're proud to be working with this Scottish studio made up of industry veteran talent and well-known names. It's also a perfect time for you to join them, as they scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking new open-world game.
To deliver on the well-deserved hype surrounding their title, we're helping them to find a Senior Mobile Programmer to join the team. You will be responsible for designing and porting large scale game and engine sub-systems to mobile platforms while providing technical support and mentoring to more junior members of staff.
Your Role :
- Deliver high quality and high-performance game & engine sub-systems, features on mobile platform using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures and algorithms.
- Support other teams in the use of the mobile platform specific features and work closely with other teams to deliver features to mobile platforms at the expected quality & performance.
- Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- Prioritise, plan and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult engineering problems.
- Help mentor junior members of the engine programming team, and communicate clearly with other team members and teams with minimal external help.
- Help educate and support other teams to correctly and efficiently develop to mobile platforms.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ game programming on at least one mobile platform.
- Strong understanding & practical experience of multithreading.
- Extensive algorithm and data structure skills
- Capable of reading and quickly understanding complex code.
- Able to plan the work to build bigger chunks including external dependencies with minimal input.
Why you should apply:
This career-defining role brings with it great scope for career growth, plus the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project with a brand new studio.