This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s most exciting award winning developer and games label – Team 17. We are looking for an experienced Lead Artist to join us in delivering a plethora of brilliant games across all formats. Who could pass on the opportunity to work with the developer/publisher behind titles such as Worms, The Escapists, Yooka-Laylee and so much more!
Highly competitive salary and perks including relocation assistance are offered.
- Creating or assisting in the creation of artwork to a high standard as per the specification laid out by the game design and or concept artwork.
- Working with the Director of Art and or production staff to create realistic and efficient schedule
- Working with the Lead Programmer to create the technical constraints for the project
- Helping to create and maintain the technical constraints set for the project
- Working side by side with programmers, designers, other artists and production staff to produce game art that will accomplish the best possible aesthetic gaming experience.
- Maintaining the visual style of the game
- Communicating project concerns to the producer and director of art
- Regularly reviewing artist work and provide them with feedback when required, to achieve the artistic vision set out for the project
- Championing any feedback on the games visuals from the art director and from milestone reviews to the art team in a consistent, professional, positive way.
- Troubleshooting and seeking solutions to art related problems and to assist and mentor less experiences artists
- Guiding the team on best working practices and techniques
- Leading from the front, set an example in productive and efficient working practices.
- Championing the quality of the artwork and visual appeal of the game.
- Representing the art team in all development meetings.
- Undertaking daily reviews of assets, artwork and the visual style of the game within a working build of the game.
- Overseeing and helping to coordinate all of the work of the art team on the project.
- Undertaking a daily walk around of all members of the art team on the project, then discussing your concerns or risks to your producer.
Candidates must demonstrate the following experience, skills and characteristics:
- Proven track record of working in a senior or lead artist role
- Proven track record within the gaming industry
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Imagination and creativity
- Flexibility in art style and practices
- Competency in relevant art software
- A passion for gaming and the gaming industry
- Highly competitive salary and perks including relocation assistance are offered.