Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Disney, Codemasters, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Recent projects include For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy playset for Disney Infinity 2.0 and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playset for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in!
Studio Gobo is looking for an accomplished and self-motivated Senior Programmer to join our team on an unannounced AAA game. The Senior Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code, and is happy to turn their hand to any task required. They are an active member of the code team, setting an example for and mentoring less experienced programmers.
Role and Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications:Required:
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Helps to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Mentors code team, passing on experience and expertise, and leads by example.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Proficient in C/C++ with a minimum of 4 years experience.
- 3 years experience working in the video games industry.
- 2 years experience in console or mobile programming.
- Worked on at least 1 shipped game.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Understanding and experience of cloud server and network backend systems.
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team.
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Able to design and create complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creative solutions to novel problems.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- A professional 'can do' attitude and a strong team player.
- Enjoys mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive mental attitude and pride in delivering quality.
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- Demonstrable portfolio of relevant extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it's the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays: 23 days' annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays: An additional day of annual leave for each year's anniversary working at Gobo up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Project Team Bonus Pools
- Income protection and life assurance
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by AXA PPP Private Healthcare.
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Evans Cycles.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme – Tax efficient childcare voucher scheme operated through KiddiVouchers.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget – many of our employees have benefited from attending conferences such as GDC in San Francisco, Siggraph etc.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full sized chef's kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- Fresh Home Cooked Gobo Friday Lunch – Our world famous lunch prepared and served every Friday by our own in-house Gobo chef. Sit, eat and chat with your work colleagues – it's an ideal way to mix and maybe chat with other team members.
- Fresh Fruit, Olives & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day to keep you healthy.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console!
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We've invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference to our mood and productivity.
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days – Don't leave Fido at home alone. Bring him into the studio to meet the rest of the team. Gobo is a dog friendly employer!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Social Events – We work hard together so it's good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.