Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft Brisbane are expanding and seek a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our talented team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As our Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be joining a highly collaborative and talented team and be responsible for the gameplay features in our new projects.
- Work closely with designers in the creation of detailed feature specifications
- Design & implement robust &i nnovative solutions to technical & creative challenges
- Write clean, robust, reusable code and create documentation where required
- Take active role in providing time estimates and task breakdowns for project requirements
- Help meet functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance requirements
- Provide technical input to other programmers and mentor junior programmers as appropriate
- Experience with debugging- diagnosing and fixing code
- Work independently as well as with other departments
Skills and experience
- Four plus years related experience and a proven track record with shipped game titles
- Ability to construct well engineered and maintainable software using C#/C++
- Expert at the design and development of advanced AI/Gameplay systems
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to debug complex systems and low level software
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to rapidly prototype as well as producing final code
- Demonstrable skill at optimizing software for speed and memory efficiency
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of console game development and multiplayer development
- Passion for making and playing great games
- Xamarin/mono is a plus
- Experience with Unity is a plus
Why work at Gameloft?
- You will be eligible for a Production bonus at Milestone delivery.
- Work and learn from a diverse group of veteran game-makers who are passionate about making great games.
- Monthly allowance towards gym or exercise program of your choice
- Free breakfast cereals, snacks, fruit and fresh bean coffee!
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a global GAMELOFT back catalogue.
- Beer O'clock on Fridays with a bi-weekly game “Show and Tell”.
- Based in Brisbane CBD within the Sunshine State of Queensland.