Senior Gameplay Programmer
MachineGames @ Uppsala, SE
MachineGames is looking for an excellent Senior Gameplay Programmer to design and implement gameplay and work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers.
Our studio is located in central Uppsala, Sweden which is a small and vibrant city 30 minutes north of Stockholm with a historical heritage reaching back to pre-medieval times. It also has the oldest and one of the largest universities in northern Europe.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. We will support your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden.
- You have 5+ years of experience in AAA or mobile games development
- Shipped more than 1 title where credited as programmer for PC, Console or Mobile games
- Excellent C# skills, if you also are a C++ programmer this is a big plus
- You’re solutions oriented with great problem solving skills
- Used to working on a large codebase and as part of a team
- Organized and have excellent time management skills
- Fluent in English in speech and writing
- Self-starting team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Last but not least, you’re passionate about making GREAT games!
- Develop gameplay related functionality (controls, camera movement, game rules, etcetera)
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to relevant gameplay systems
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code
- Be an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to bring the vision of the game to life
Expectations on a senior programmer:
- You are expected to lead by example and tutor any less experienced members within the applicable discipline. You can take on a mentor role
- You operate within given constraints (time/schedule and technical limits) but pro-actively work to constantly improve our processes
- You are able to plan out and complete work with minimal direction or oversight from Director/Producer
- Take initiatives to collaborate cross functionally
- Actively share your experience and knowledge with other team members