Programming and Development
Permanent | Full Time
Division: | Department: | Location: Uppsala , SE
MachineGames is looking for an excellent Senior Gameplay Programmer to design and implement gameplay and work closely with artists, lead engine programmers, designers and producers. A senior is also expected to guide and mentor the junior members of the team so excellent communication skills are required.
• Develop gameplay related functionality (controls, camera movement, game rules, etc.)
• Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to relevant gameplay systems
• Writes clean, professional, and maintainable code
• Create quality, performance-minded code
• Be an active advocate for system features and tools that would improve the production process
• Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to bring the vision of the game to life
• Guides and mentors programmers on the team
• 5+ years professional or related experience with at least 3 shipped titles where credited as programmer
• Excellent C++ skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent 3d math skills.
• Ability to find holes in and improve gameplay systems designs
• Excellent ability to work with others
• Good organization and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
• Passion for making GREAT games
Desired skills and pluses
• BS in Engineering, CS, Mathematics or comparable work experience
• Prior experience with idTech
• First person shooter experience
Keep Calm and waka waka...