These are exciting times here at Tag!
We need to grow our team and are looking for talented Senior Programmers to come and join us. If playing a key role as part of the team developing new IP on mobile sounds appealing, this may just be the opportunity for you.
For this role we are looking for passionate and technically proficient Senior Programmers who want to play a pivotal role as part of a multi-disciplinary team implementing features that delight players and contribute to the success of the product whilst ensuring that the code is performant, robust and secure. We are looking for applications from people who want to be part of the driving force behind the game and the team.
At Tag we strive to empower our development teams and give them autonomy to deliver the best possible games for our Clients in the way that the team believes is best. As the Senior Game Programmer you will be pivotal to this.
If you are interested in a new challenge and being part of a vibrant team then apply today!
- Experience working with mobile platforms and multi-platform projects.
- The desire and ability to lead by example, including mentoring and coaching of fellow Programmers across the company.
- Demonstrable experience of collaborating with all disciplines, from Production, Design and Business Intelligence to Art, QA and UI/UX.
- Excellent understanding of the full mobile application development process, from concept and design, to prototype, development and live ops.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and developing robust and efficient technical solutions in view of the fact that your code will be used by millions of players.
- You should have at least one shipped title in C# or C++.
- Experience using Unity3D or UE4.
- A keen interest in mobile games and mobile game development.
- Experience of working across multiple feature teams in parallel .
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with Artists and Designers to deliver high quality features for Clients.
- Outstanding communication skills in order to convey ideas and decisions to coworkers and Clients.
- A logical approach to problem solving, and the ability to implement, debug and test new features within a live application development environment.
- Strong independent work ethic and time management skills.
- Deep understanding of mobile device architectures and optimisation strategies for mobile platforms, as well as profiling bottlenecks in the code base.
Duties and Tasks
- Write clear, concise, and reliable code, to implement features passed from design to create exceptional gaming experiences for players.
- Submit new code for code reviews via popular version control applications, as well as participating in reviewing coworkers pull requests.
- Working closely with Production to manage the breakdown of live application features into development tasks.
- Collaborate with QA in order to devise the best approach for testing before a feature is passed for sign-off and released.
- Work closely with QA & Production to prioritise bug lists.
- Research and explore new technologies and tools to improve our development processes, clearly identifying and explaining the benefits of changes to coworkers in order to bring them on board.
- Participate in discussions with other disciplines in order to enhance the project development process and roadmap, and have key input in the technical aspects of feature design.
- Coach and mentor coworkers by providing respectful, constructive evidence based feedback in order to facilitate their learning and development.