Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we’ve picked up multiple awards for our work on Apollo 11 VR, Titanic VR, 1943 Berlin Blitz and our virtual reality education & corporate training platform, ENGAGE.
Apollo 11 VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nEv7aEMUc
Berlin Blitz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIlSV3SqY0
Titanic VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGnktkt2rKQ
Due to continued growth and success we are looking for competent Unity Developers to join our team with 5+ years industry experience. The talented individuals must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
- Plan, design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary development tool
- Translate business requirements to technical concepts
- Breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Develop high quality, scalable and robust code
- Develop technical documentation for internal use
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve overall goals
- 5+ years industry experience working with Unity or other game frameworks
- Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on a physics-based game project
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
- Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs
- Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
- Experience in any XR platforms such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
- Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate or Junior workers. Having an EU work permit is desirable. For this position you will start working remotely with your own equipment if based outside of Waterford, Ireland. However, it will be expected that post COVID-19 your workplace will be at our EU office located in Waterford, Ireland.