Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhhâ€¦ I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread and the BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
At the heart of Bossaâ€™s unique way of working - whether thatâ€™s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for collaboration; collaboration between our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
As part of the design team you will be responsible for overseeing the design of our early stage games, taking multiple titles from blank paper through to validated prototypes that are ready to be assigned to project teams and go into pre-production. In particular you will be working on ways to build compelling long term gameplay loops and meta design in multiplayer titles, an area you will be well versed and passionate on.
You will be a seasoned Game Designer with a great track record, looking to make your next move up and take on a new challenge. Additionally you will be comfortable working in a dynamic and highly creative environment.
This is an exciting and rare role in one of the industryâ€™s most creative studios and the successful candidate will be right at the centre of Bossaâ€™s creative process.
- Vision Helping to craft and establish the vision for new early stage games
- Mechanics Develop new mechanics and iterating on existing ones to find the fun at the centre of our prototypes
- Collaboration Collaborating with programmers, artists, producers, QA, and other roles within the company to ensure a holistic approach to the design of our prototypes
- Problem solving Proactively recognising design holes or imbalances in our early stage games and solving them
- Team Being an active contributing member of our studio design team and along with your peers helping us to increase the design quality of the studio
- Communication Maintaining robust and frequent communications with the Prototype team, your design peers and studio management
- Ambassador Evangelizing to other members of the Prototype team and studio at large, helping them to see the goals and purpose of the visions and game designs for our early stage games
- Documenting Creating vision and technical design documentation
- Awareness Maintaining up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring the games remain competitive
- Game Design experience, having shipped more than one successful game
- Experience of prototyping
- Good design instincts
- An understanding of design mechanics and systems, as well as game direction and vision
- Awareness of past, current and future trends
- Experience with long term gameplay loops and meta-game systems
- Experience with multiplayer games
- Proven design track record on released PC &/or Console titles
- Experience with long running evergreen games
- Experience with Unity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A natural problem solver
- A fascination for finding new and better approaches to problems
- An open and inclusive approach to design
- You understand that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and you respect those around you
- A drive to learn, improve and share
- The ability to adapt to fluid situations, you know when to stick to the plan and when put it to one side
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Medical Insurance â€" Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance â€" Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme â€" We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to Â£1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan â€" Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events