Cloud Imperium is looking for a Senior Games Designer to help lead the effort in creating and balancing gameplay systems for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new features for Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the lead designer and the game director to ensure Chris Roberts' vision becomes reality
- Balance existing vehicle systems in a holistic manner and integrate new systems in the same way.
- Use data analysis to plot how the game is being used, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team, and design management.
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
- Must be able to implement systems and content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems.
- Cleanly implement content with our designer tools and scripting language.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Pitch concepts, designs, and full-proposals to project leads.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks and suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development in a system/tech designer capacity
- Experience shipping one large-scale 3D title from pre-production to release (PC, current or next-gen consoles)
- Professional experience balancing gameplay systems; especially combat systems.
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behaviour, and scripted sequences
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Focused, motivated, and effective on all tasks until completion
- A positive team-oriented attitude
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Wilmslow, Cheshire
- International travel may be required as part of this role