REMOTE FREELANCE SENIOR GAME DESIGNER - USA or UK based
Join an expanding & succesful studio about to lanch IPO.
80+ employees focusing on mobile, console & VR games based in Melbourne.
Original IP as well as have a substantial games for Hollywood IPs
Work can be done overseas from USA or UK, possibility to relocate to Melbourne at a later date but not essential.
Up to $120K AUD per annum, pro rata.
Senior Game Designer
Are you passionate about making amazing games and creating unforgettable gaming experiences? Would you be excited to design games for a range of platforms including console, PC, mobile and more? You’re in luck! This studio is seeking a talented Senior Game Designer to join an awesome and talented team. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in designing high-quality, audience-focused games, leadership of junior and mid-level designers, and demonstrated knowledge in high-quality, free-to-play mobile game experiences.
- Oversee and guide the design of multiple projects at once, reporting to the lead designer while guiding your project’s designers to create their best work possible and providing them mentorship.
- Drive the design and implementation of features and game systems in order to bring the vision of the Lead Designer into a quality playable experience.
- Work collaboratively and openly with team members to create and maintain and review GDDs, functional specification designs, design templates, UX/UI wireframes, and prototypes.
- Develop concepts for gameplay and progression systems for use throughout the player lifecycle to maximize engagement, monetization, and retention.
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing.
- Utilize analytics for game tuning, performance projections, and game changes.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the game design and player engagement targets are prioritized, monitored and delivered upon.
- Oversee and guide designers as they quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting.
- Seek regular feedback from peers and playtesting to validate system designs.
- Both create and guide designers to create detailed, thorough and professional documentation that helps the team to understand the intricacies of your designs.
- Present your designs, cultivate buy-in, and seek peer reviews on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the team across disciplines, including engineering, design, and art to develop world-class gameplay experiences.
- 5+ years of game design experience.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game from concept through live service.
- Experience in leading or being senior to a team of designers.
- Designed and developed major game systems for at least one shipped title.
- Demonstrable content creation skills.
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative in a highly dynamic environment.
- Creatively, analytically and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Ability to research, design for, understand and be passionate about a variety of audience types, including kids, casual, female majority, core, etc.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods, and emerging platforms.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Experience working within Unity3D.
- Sound knowledge in analytics and product management.
- Able to take client Requests for Proposals (RFPs) & deliver outstanding pitches back to the client.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Scripting experience.
Feel free to contact me anytime to get full studio details or to apply.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games