VRIDAY is going beyond borders in the world of Virtual Reality. Our approach in revolutionizing social networking for celebrities and fans, is what we call MATERIA.ONE. Our impressive, extensive database with thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment is the foundation for the next big thing in VR. Our team consists of more than 50 members from different industries. We are VR experts, gaming professionals, marketing experts, programmers, game designers and visionaries. This gives us the power to brainstorm different ideas, research trends and discuss how to do them in VR successfully.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer (f/m/x) to collaborate with design lead, design team and whole development team to develop core concepts, game systems, and game content with the goal to create outstanding VR- Experiences for the user.
- Share expertise and advise others in the development of features and experiences across the game.
- Evolve ideas in conjunction with the development team and ensure that the design goals adapt to and survive the development process.
- Participate in the design and development process by scoping and sizing requirements using Agile development methods.
- Implement and develop positive changes to the game based on feedback from QA, user research and the development team to ensure the product is critically and commercially successful.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Remain up to date with industry and academic developments in game development and design with emphasis on VR.
- 5+ year's professional experience in the games industry or at least 2 officially published title.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design, gameplay theory, balancing, system design, level design, story, interface, AI, game-flow and player progression, particularly when applied to VR.
- Strong skills in designing and prototyping engaging gameplay mechanics in order to create an outstanding user experience.
- Strong skills in creating high quality design documentation, focusing on clarity and brevity.
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player's point of view and stay organized under pressure.
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers and the rest of the game development team.
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate team player, capable of rallying and motivating the team around the core design concepts of the game.
- Basic Experience with Unreal Engine for prototyping and motivation to extend this.
- Bachelor degree in related fields or equivalent extensive work experience
- Experience with designing retention OR monetization features for online games is a plus. net stating your salary expectations and earliest starting date. We look forward to receiving your exciting application!